As you may know by now, the teeth whitening treatment is dual. This means has two parts one part is when you get your dental whitening kit treatment to whiten your teeth using the famous cold light and the second part is what you do after the treatment as a maintenance of the previous one.
If you are planning to buy a dental whitening treatment to do at your home, there are some recommendations we have for you for everything to be perfect.
- Bleaching syringes should be kept in the refrigerator at all times. (with ambient temperature deactivated)
- Before applying the whitening splints, you should brush your teeth to leave the tooth surface clean of any food debris.
- You may have sensitivity to cold for at least the first 2 days. Brush your teeth with desensitizing toothpaste and floss throughout the treatment. Continue with the paste from desensitizing teeth until the sensitivity completely disappears.
- Brush your teeth with warm water (this will prevent sensitivity).
- After daily application, you should clean the splints with cold water and a brush.
- No smoking.
- Avoid too cold, too hot and/or acidic foods and drinks for a few days.
- Avoid colorful drinks and foods (tea, coffee, coca-cola, beets, red wine, etc.).
- In case of discomfort due to sensitivity, do not be afraid, fill the splint with desensitizing toothpaste and place it in your mouth for several hours, even overnight, this will counteract the sensitivity produced by teeth whitening.
- Adjust the splint in the mouth. If some whitening gel is coated with it, soak your finger in it and pass it through the gum to remove it.
If you want to give a special touch of light to your smile, have your teeth whitened, you’re sure to dazzle!